We are a small, friendly, but highly influential organisation within the European energy industry. Working on behalf of some of the leading energy companies in the world, we play a key role in monitoring and controlling gas and electricity flows throughout Europe and the UK. There are around 100 people in our Cambridge office which is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Your colleagues will be from a wide variety of backgrounds – we encourage diversity, openness and gender equality. There is no need to have any prior experience when joining us – we are the experts in our role and will provide you with all the training that you need to be successful. And we hope that you will have fun at the same time!
Working in a friendly team as a Gas Operations Controller you will manage European gas portfolios. This is an office-based role, and the work is mainly screen-based using in-house developed software and communicating with our customers using telephone and email. The work does involve a large level of personal responsibility, making high-value operational decisions on behalf of the Company’s clients, but we will provide all the training you need and fully support you along the way.
Flexible pattern of shifts, including some weekend and overnight work but a generous allowance of days off; facilitating a great work life balance.
Ideally you will be:
- Conscientious and proactive
- Able to work accurately under pressure, to follow procedures and pay attention to detail
- Comfortable working with numbers and proficient in using Microsoft Office software
- Happy to communicate with people, both within your team and with customers
- Able to work effectively both as part of a small team but also to take initiative on your own
We will only consider people with a valid UK work permit
How to apply
Simply email us your CV and covering letter.